Take 8 individuals with a passion for the environment and education. Sprinkle in 4 masters degrees and 7 bachelors degrees. Include a heaping scoop of more than 45 years of combined experience. And what do you get? VINS’ Nature Camp staff for the summer of 2010!
One of the most important roles I play as Camp Programs Manager is in the hiring of our camp staff each year. This years’ hiring process was truly a delight. As I interviewed individuals it became clear to me that I had the potential to pull together an amazingly qualified staff. Now that the hiring process is complete, I am planning the camp curricula in more detail. This year’s highly experienced staff will allow me to offer new and exciting offerings each camp week. The 2010 VINS Nature Camp staff men and women have a host of skills that will ensure a fun, safe and educational summer for children.
- 4 of our 8 staff have previous experience in the VINS Nature Camp Program.
- 3 have wilderness first aid experience.
- 2 are certified lifeguards.
- All our staff are required to be certified in first aid and CPR.
- All have had experience in other residential and day camp programs.